Distracted drivers are everywhere. Distraction comes in many forms — driving while texting, talking on a cellphone, eating, drinking, putting on make-up, reading, or even just interacting with others in the car.
If you have been injured in an accident because of a distracted driver, you need expert representation. Immediate, aggressive work by an experienced Minneapolis Car Accident Lawyer can make all of the difference in your case. Critical and convincing evidence can be gathered and ultimately maximize your compensation. Contact Terry, Slane & Ruohonen at 612-TSR-TIME.
Distracted Driving Accidents
Many people have become complacent about driving. Driving is a privilege and a responsibility that should be taken seriously. It is important for adults to model good driving skills for the next generation of drivers.
There are studies that show:
- a driver talking on the phone has a slower reaction time than driving with a BAC of .08 (University of Utah)
- talking on the cellphone puts the brain into selective attention mode more than talking with a passenger (Strayer & Johnston, 2001)
- cellphone conversation leads to inattentional blindness (Mack & Rock, 1998)
- drivers on cellphones are 4 times more likely to have an accident (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- when texting, emailing, or dialing a driver is 23 times more likely to have an accident (Virginia Tech Transportation Institute)
- 36% of drivers admit to being distracted by activities in the car, such as changing radio station, adjusting temperature, eating, drinking, smoking, people, etc. (AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety)
Minneapolis Car Accident Lawyer
Distracted driving is a form of negligence. Distracted drivers need to be held responsible for their negligent behavior. Call our Minneapolis Car Accident Law Firm today, at 612-TSR-TIME, to schedule a free consultation. You may be able to obtain compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages.